Frontend Developer / Epiceros
Tech – Stockholm
Epiceros is a Stockholm-based software startup in the online gaming industry. Together with our clients we re-define the experience of online gaming through gamification and novel technical solutions. At Epiceros we are working with highly optimized frontend development and always with the customer in focus. Our customers comes from all parts of the world, so it is important with intelligent solutions.
We are a startup company developing software for the online gambling industry. We are all senior in the business, coming from some of the biggest gaming companies and we have very solid investors. Our aim is to find a different approach to gaming software and use state-of-the-art technologies to get there. We are 13 people, located in central Stockholm.
We are growing quickly and now need to expand our team with a frontend developer. Currently there are three very experienced frontend developers in the team. Both architecture and development are handled in the team, with supervision of the CTO. You see yourself as an experienced frontend developer and have at least some of the following skills and is eager to learn what is needed along the way:
- Experience in React, or similar frameworks like Angular/Ember/Vue
- Excellent CSS skill
- Excellent HTML skills
- Of course excellent knowledge around json and XML.
- Good knowledge how to automate frontend testing, preferably using tools like Jest/AVA. Testing of frontend will mainly be done by yourself, since we have no dedicated position for a tester yet.
- You should be a good team player and used to work with agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience in SEO and writing semantic code
- Excellent skills in responsive web development
- Version control using Git (or similar)
Good to have:
- Experience of any of the below frameworks/tools (if others, please specify):
- Jest/Mocha (or other testing frameworks)
- You are an enthusiastic developer who brings with you the experiences you’ve learned building structured frontend systems in at least one of your previous roles.
- You care about the system, not the specific languages or technologies used to build It.
- You have garnered good judgement, always pushing forward to improve the technology in measured steps.
- You’ve failed and made mistakes, and you’ve learned from those mistakes, giving you valuable tools for decision making on your future challenges.
- You’re humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems and most of all, you care deeply about being part of a respectful group of engineers tackling a difficult problem.
It’s a plus if you have experience from the gaming/betting industry. Personality wise, we see that you are a self-driven, enthusiastic and a happy person that wants to get things done. Apart from monthly salary we offer you options in the company and very nice and friendly colleagues in a true start-up atmosphere.
Epiceros is a Stockholm-based software startup in the online gaming industry. Together with our clients we re-define the experience of online gaming through gamification and novel technical solutions.