Backend Developer / Epiceros
Tech – Stockholm
Epiceros is a Stockholm-based software startup in the online gaming industry. Together with our clients we re-define the experience of online gaming through gamification and novel technical solutions. At Epiceros we work with building extremely transaction intensive cloud based environments with high performance requirements. And we are looking for a Senior Backend developer to join our Team, located at our Stockholm office.
We are a new start-up developing software for the online gambling industry. We are all senior in the business, coming from some of the biggest gaming companies and we have very solid investors. Our aim is to find a different approach to gaming software and use state-of-the-art technologies to get there. We are around 30 people, located in central Stockholm and Malta.
We are growing quickly and now need to expand our team with a Java backend developer. Currently there are three very experienced Java developers in the backend team. Both architecture and development are handled in the team, with supervision of the CTO. You see yourself as an experienced backend developer and have at least some of the following skills and is eager to learn what is needed along the way:
Skills and Requests:
- Good experience of application frameworks like Spring boot or similar
- Experience of building high transaction intensive systems in a distributed environment
- Distributed cache handling
- Event handling, plus with Kafka experience
- Good knowledge of release process - building, testing, deploying and releasing
- Knowledge in hosting and monitoring of resilient distributed systems
We think you:
- Are an enthusiastic developer who brings with you the experiences you’ve learned building distributed systems in at least one of your previous roles.
- Care about the system, not the specific languages or technologies used to build it.
- Have garnered good judgement, always pushing forward to improve the technology in measured steps.
- Have failed and made mistakes, and you’ve learned from those mistakes, giving you valuable tools for decision making on your future challenges.
- Humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems and most of all, you care deeply about being part of a respectful group of engineers tackling a difficult problem.
It’s a plus if you have experience from the gaming/betting industry. Personality wise, we see that you are a self-driven, enthusiastic and a happy person that wants to get things done. Apart from monthly salary we offer you options in the company and very nice and friendly colleagues in a true start-up atmosphere.
Epiceros is a Stockholm-based software startup in the online gaming industry. Together with our clients we re-define the experience of online gaming through gamification and novel technical solutions.